Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Cats should always be skinned...

Some folks still stick to the old process of nailing the fishes' heads to a board and then cutting and peeling off the skin with a pair of pliers before cutting off the flesh. Takes more time and does not produce a better fillet.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

I thought that was the carp-prep method, seasoned, skinned, then toss the fish and eat the board.
Seen some skinned cats at Macey's grocery the other day. Little kits - maybe footlongers+, but skinned, cleaned and ready for the boiling pot.

Some of my Asian friends get mad at the notion of de-boning 'em. Like to chop steaks, or boil and cook 'em bones in - other fish too. Bones add flavor I'm old. Probably keep 'em moist too.

My attempts at making broth would concur, there's flavor to be savored. Though a long afternoon of boiling down one pot of smoked turkey carcasses, and another pot of Perch heads, bones and bits may have been a bit of overload. [shocked]

Nice you didn't get sand-berged, or ice-berged, AND found some finny-friends to keep you company. Maybe next time the "toofy" one's will come out and play.

Messages In This Thread
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by TubeDude - 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by CoyoteSpinner - 03-08-2014, 10:09 PM