Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14
[#0000FF]Hey Geoff, good to hear from you again. Hope things have stabilized in your life again...and that you can get back to the important things..like fishing.

Sometime during the fall of 2012, the landowners at the Knolls put up posted signs along both sides of Hwy 68 (Redwood Rd.)...closing access to the public. They had finally had enough of the trashing, vandalism and careless shooting. (See pics)

I immediately contacted the DWR folks in Springville and submitted some pics and observations. They made the effort to verify the owners involved (including the LDS church) and began negotiations for regaining at least limited access to the public. They are still working with the land owners and Utah County commissioners to come up with a plan that is acceptable to all concerned. But it is highly likely that it will be at least another year before we will be able to use that area again...if ever.

I am thinking about Lincoln Beach this week. So far the walleyes are still just "thinking about it" and although a few strays have been caught there has been no serious "run". There are always some good cats caught down there during the first weeks after ice off and usually some white bass. But the white bass had a bad year last year so it remains to be seen how they will be this year.

Water levels have been low the last two years and are about 2-3 feet from the high water mark right now. On a shallow lake like UL that can affect how the fish act and where they hang out. Every trip is a new trip...trying to find fish.

Do you still have that lead melting pot you need serviced? If you are not going to be making jigs anymore I might take some of that stuff off your hands...cash or trade.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by TubeDude - 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Re: [Out4Trout] Dodging Lindon Berglets 3-5-14 - by TubeDude - 03-09-2014, 01:21 PM