Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Walleye
[cool][size 2]Yeah, JR, I have followed that debacle at Davis Lake. I used to go up there ice fishing in the winter and fly flinging in the summer. Used to be some great big rainbows and browns.[/size]

[size 2]Then, the bucket bozos introduced northern pike and now they got toothy trout munchers in there too. It's strange though. There are quite a few fishermen who really developed an appreciation for the northerns. It was probably some of them that took out some specimens and kept them in private ponds until the poisoning had run its course. But, from what I heard, they were finding fingerling northerns soon after treating the lake, as if some brood stock had survived and spawned.[/size]

[size 2]Ya cain't keep everyone happy. But, responsible anglers can do their part to watch their favorite waters and do their part to prevent wasted resources (poaching) or illegal introductions. In Utah and Colorado there are several lakes that have gone through several evolutions of biomass due to illegal dumping of other species. Some lakes have literally "crashed" and need to be totally repopulated with the approved species.[/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
California Walleye - by PescadorUtah - 12-17-2003, 01:57 AM
Re: [PescadorUtah] California Walleye - by tubeN2 - 12-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Re: [TubeDude] California Walleye - by JapanRon - 12-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Re: [JapanRon] California Walleye - by TubeDude - 12-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Re: [TubeDude] California Walleye - by tubeN2 - 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM