Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another blow to the pebble mine Bristol Bay
I was directly or indirectly involved with the mining industry almost all my working life. I saw a massive and good change take place in the environmental awareness of mining companies in that time. All too often now mining gets a bad rap that was earned by the past. The world is full of environmental disasters left by past mining activities so the reputation comes rightly.

One thought to consider before flat out banning mining. All we humans have to sustain us is what Almighty God put here on this Earth. ULTIMATELY WE WILL HAVE TO USE IT ALL. We are learning to use it responsibly and must continue to progress in this direction. I haven't taken time to study the Pebble mine, its location or anything so don't want to argue for or against it but will say that ultimately the mine will most likely happen. Permitting restraints will be put into place that will protect the fishery and punishment for violations will be made so extremely costly that the mine will have to comply 100% or face ruin. That will, I submit, become the wave of the future for mining and it will be a good thing. In the meantime we humans need to get serious about global warming and our contributions to it or all the rest will be moot.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [riverdog] Another blow to the pebble mine Bristol Bay - by GEEZER - 04-24-2014, 05:13 PM