Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am Fork Four-tilla 5-2-14
[#0000FF]I once heard a motivational speaker who was holding forth on how to treat employees and customers. He was making the point that they are all individuals and each is deserving of individual attention. "If you have 4 kids, and you treat them all the same, you are treating at least 3 of them wrong."

That philosophy is applicable to fish and fishing too. Even though we are fishing for the same species...the good ol' channel cat...we are fishing for them in different waters with vastly different habitats and ecosystems. Thus, the generalities that can be applied to channel cats in one water are not necessarily valid for the kitties in another pond.

Kinda like walleyes. They have some basic character traits that seem to hold true wherever they are found. But they act quite differently in waters only a few miles apart.

That has always been a major part of the allure of fishing for me. I try to learn as many of the "constants" as I can...and then spend the rest of my life picking up on the little intricacies that make it all so challenging.

Kinda like trying to figure out girls.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Am Fork Four-tilla 5-2-14 - by TubeDude - 05-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Am Fork Four-tilla 5-2-14 - by TubeDude - 05-05-2014, 04:11 PM