Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14
[#0000FF]I saw you in the distance and figured it must be one of you two guys. Don't know many others that have discovered it and know how to fish it.

Glad you got in on the action. Crazy busy today. I don't think I ever went more than a minute without at least a hard hit.

Using chunks of white bass will not keep the pesky kitties and white bass away. You gotta rig with a whole whitie and tandem hook rig. Even then, the smaller ones will pop and drop you to death. But when you get a runner and feel weight you are in the game.

You are right about the fight. I did not take minnows or other cat bait today. And all my rods were fairly light action...with 6# line. All the fun I could stand when a 2 foot cat decides to play. Heck, even the mudders felt good on light tackle.

I'm probably not going to be hitting Lindon again much until the fall cooldown. That's when I put up my buggy whips and bring out the heavy gear. I make some trips just for the ones with shoulders. You guys can thin out the little ones for me in the meantime.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14 - by TubeDude - 07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Re: [UtahLakeCats] Morning madness at Lindon 7-1-14 - by TubeDude - 07-01-2014, 11:57 PM