Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starvation over the 4th wow
We're right there with you. We've been boat camping on starvation every year during holidays for some 10+ years now, and we were also there this weekend. First 5 years were fine and fishing was excellent. Nowadays, you can't even set up camp across the lake or in a back cove. Noise, arrogant individuals on all around, it's just not worth it anymore more for us. I'm definitely done this time, which is what I've said the last few times I've foolishly gone.

Sadly, most other used to be good camping spots, be it ground or boat, are getting to this point as well even on non-holiday weekends. Uintas, Boulder, Manti, you name it.

As far as booking sites at starvation that are hosted, that's a joke now as well. Just like many other areas in
this state, they are bookable 6 months plus in advance and always full. I think some are booking holiday sites in multiple recreation areas just to have options as to where to go and eating the additional cost for those they don't go to. I don't even think Starvation has any first come first serve sites available, but I might be wrong. If they do, I'm sure you'd have to be there at 4:00 a.m. on a Monday morning waiting for some one to leave to secure a site for the following weekend.

As far as fishing goes this trip. All warm water species basically sucked for us. Few bass, no perch caught or even seen, no walleye. Couldn't sit on a spot without being washed away by waves even in the back end of coves. Electric anchor was of little use.

Ended up eagerly leaving Saturday afternoon when some 50 plus boats were arriving with no parking left anywhere which I'm certain was a wonderful experience. I saw a ton of folks looking for spots to park their trucks and trailers after launching while driving out. I'm sure daily quotas are going to be considered soon unless they expand the parking to meet the demand.

Used to be a great place to fish mid season. Not any more except maybe midweek like others have stated.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
starvation over the 4th wow - by mtncat1 - 07-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Re: [mtncat1] starvation over the 4th wow - by high_n_dry - 07-07-2014, 04:16 PM