Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming RAC meetings for 2015 fishing
[quote FishMcFisherson]Based on common sense.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Ahhhhhhh! So no factual data; just unscientific opinion. Understood![/#800000][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things, which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate. Based on that commonly held definition of common sense, you seem to be of the opinion that nearly all people who have a license will fish all day, every day, and just go back and forth between their permanent residence and the lake to put a limit of fish in their freezer on each and every trip, thereby destroying the fishery. Is that about right?[/#800000][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]There are people doing that now. We see reports of this activity on these boards all the time. The proposed changes will not change that. But I also see hundreds more reports of people following the intent of the law as it is written today and not exceeding their possession limit in the field or at home. I can’t speak to the ethics of the folks in your circle of fishing friends, but I know that most of mine understand possession limits and adhere to them on a daily basis.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]There are always going to be those individuals that pay little or no heed to the intent of the law with regard to possession limits on fish. But they are a miniscule portion of the total fishing population. They are firmly convinced that society’s rules do not apply to them. This proposed change to the possession limits at home isn’t going to change the thought process of those folks and I and the DWR certainly don’t think this change will convert the rest of us to a mob mentality of grab everything you can while you can.[/#800000][/font]
[#800000]
[/#800000]
[#800000][/#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I might catch 20 walleye in a good year. I might also catch upwards of 1,000 perch in a given year and eat them or give them to non-fishing friends and neighbors who love them as much as we do. My fishing habits and trips aren’t going to change if and when this proposal becomes effective. What will change will be the fact that I will not have to keep track of how many fish are in my freezer or in my pantry to plan my next fishing adventure – except for the trout family of course.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Life is good.[/#800000][/font][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming RAC meetings for 2015 fishing - by AmyC - 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM