Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming RAC meetings for 2015 fishing
[#0000FF]Sorry. Nothing personal intended.

I put in a lot of hours on Utah Lake and am in close personal contact with a few other knowledgeable regulars. So I do observe and hear what is going on. My evaluation is that there IS a group of happy harvesters who have learned enough about the habits and locations of largies to be able to extract a few. But even the dedicated bass anglers will admit to having more slow days that banner days...with a few blanks.

For the most part, the bass are in only a few locations. Most anglers simply don't fish in the right spots with the right gear. So there is not a wholesale harvest of bass...just a limited harvest by a few that don't care what the laws say. They treat the lake as their own private fish market...for all species.

Until the lake returns to something close to full pool, with abundant reeds and flooded structure, adding bass will not be as productive as you might hope. It will only concentrate more fish in smaller areas for the killers.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming RAC meetings for 2015 fishing - by AmyC - 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Re: [ifishutah] Upcoming RAC meetings for 2015 fishing - by TubeDude - 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM