Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 9-16-14
Just a quick follow-up report--

I'm still one step ahead of the law so I hit Lincoln again today. Beautiful... calm water and good cat and carp action. Carp were everywhere in bunches and gobs doing their surface slurp. Couldn't help myself, I had to give them a go with my bow. Big old bruisers... got a couple that were 28 inchers. Did not take long to figger out I had to either fish or shoot... can't do both. Had my pole in a rod holder and had a cat dang near rip it right out of the socket. Big ol' 30 in. cat. The only thing that saved my pole from going in was the drag set. Fish or shoot, one or the other.

Cats were active today and I caught at least a dozen or so... mostly 24 to 27 inchers. They were biting best on a big slab of carp meat. 30 incher was the fish of the day... felt like a moving snag when I duked it out with him. He's still in there, probably put on another couple of inches by next year.

Feelin' the itch to get back out there already. Tomorrow morning for sure... that 33 incher that will dislodge gmwahl from first place in the contest is waiting for me.

It's a tough life but I manage ok.

BLK
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach 9-16-14 - by TubeDude - 09-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Lincoln Beach 9-16-14 - by danielc - 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Re: [danielc] Lincoln Beach 9-16-14 - by TubeDude - 09-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Lincoln Beach 9-16-14 - by Boatloadakids - 09-17-2014, 07:15 PM