Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light backpacking float tube
CP:

Got a virus alert on the video, so I didn't watch. The late sighig's system was also light but more fragile, though I liked his lightweight pak fins. DIY though.

TD, there are various gadgets that can help with weight on hikes like this one: http://www.packwheel.com/ Probably not enough for a heavy battery propulsion system though, unless it is a flattish walk -but then there is the hassle of assembly/disassembly. Remote waters can sometimes be accessed by riding small rivers or creeks to cut down on the hiking part. Then you can motor yourself out if there's enough depth.

PM

[quote cpierce]If you watch the video, you can see how deep he is sitting...about mid thigh. To me that isn't bad for a tube without an inflatable seat. A small inflatable seat pad would bring your where you sit up a little and wouldn't weigh much.

As I said though, this is a tube designed for the back country. So they left off some comforts etc to keep the weight down.

If it was my only tube, and I was using it at local lakes etc, then I would add a foam or inflatable seat pad.[/quote]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Light backpacking float tube - by cpierce - 10-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Re: [cpierce] Light backpacking float tube - by pontoonman - 10-22-2014, 03:56 PM