Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light backpacking float tube
[#0000FF]I'm a long-time Dirty Harry fan. I believe him when he says "A man should know his limitations." I know mine. I have hiked many long miles in the Sierras of California, the Cascades of Oregon, the Sawtooth and Selway areas of Idaho, the Rockies in Colorado, the Wind Rivers in Wyoming and the Uintas here in Utah. Been there, done that, probably ain't never going back.

If you have not experienced our high western mountains you likely do not have an appreciation for what is involved in hiking them. In most cases you will be going upward several thousand feet in elevation...on primitive trails...no roads...no motorized assistance. And going up does not allow for following a stream downwards.

I have contrived several wheeled carts that allow me to trudge my gear in short distances...without the motor. They work fine but are still not practical for long distance hiking. For that I need a helicopter to fly me in and bring me out. Getting lazy in my old age.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Light backpacking float tube - by cpierce - 10-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Re: [pontoonman] Light backpacking float tube - by TubeDude - 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM