Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lakemasters vs Navionics
Forgot to mention but with Navionics + (unsure about Platinum) if I go to a lake that hasn't been mapped all I do is hit record as I am fishing. At the end of the day I take my right 32BG (I am pretty sure that is the max size chip a Humminbird can take) chip out and upload the file log for the day to Navionics. In a week or two one gets an email back from Navionics saying your data has been prepped, etc and the next time you do a update to your card that data will now be on it. It is shared data. So if you and other people all did the same thing on a lake that has never been mapped before you all, including the rest of the world, will be able to use that data.

I have no personal experience with all of that. Just what I have read and understand how this is suppose to work. I have yet to be on a lake that isn't mapped down here. (99% of my fishing is on Lake Mead). With that said I did record one day on Lake Mead and uploaded it to Navionics just to see how this is all suppose to work incase someday I hit a lake that isn't mapped I know what to do to get it mapped. I got an email back from Navionics within two weeks saying my data was good to go and available to everyone. I doubt it was anything new since Mead is already mapped.

Tom
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
lakemasters vs Navionics - by 14gills - 03-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Re: [wolfs4evr] lakemasters vs Navionics - by wolfs4evr - 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM