Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 cat contest FishSlayerJT
Well, I didn't mean to jump your fish-bones. I count on the contestants being honest, and the contest being for fun more than prizes. I hate to downgrade, or deny an entry, but above all else - my goal is to be fair and consistent.

The only true way I could "guard" against claiming the same fish twice is the 1-fish/day rule. Or say you have to clip a fin or something if you're going to release one. Many cats look very similar. With creative angles you could make one cat appear to be three different sizes, easy.
I could change to a format where you can ONLY post your best once, and done. But I like to encourage the season long competition that comes from multiple entries allowed. Though might have to make a "one-inch" rule, at least for Skunked! Or maybe a slot limit, like if it ain't over 27", it has to bump a full inch.

I don't want to make MORE and MORE rules! But I'll do whatever is needed to keep it fair, keep folks honest. What I ask is that entrants be honest, and be reasonable about what they enter.

I'd also ask, if you have 5Mb pics, don't post them inline. Make a small copy for the inline share, then go ahead and attach the higher res picture, I'm happy to be able to zoom to my hearts content, but a thread of loads of inline 5mb picks get Saloooooow to load. Have mercy. (I DID put something about that in the rules/entry post).

So - no hard feelings I hope. Fish on, catch a big one, even if it is for "that" team, but make a good honest readible post with a decent banner.
If you want some stickers PM me. But those work best if you're using a bumper board. Check out Jeff's posts.

Messages In This Thread
2015 cat contest FishSlayerJT - by FishSlayerJT - 04-26-2015, 06:28 PM
Re: [FishSlayerJT] 2015 cat contest FishSlayerJT - by CoyoteSpinner - 04-29-2015, 12:55 AM