Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach night shift
Jeff-- fishin' was pretty steady all night for me. Never was fast and furious but consistent bites all night. Did notice more little fellers hanging on now -- caught several in the mighty 12 to 17 inch range. The only thing that slowed down was me... drowsy I-Pilot drivers are dangerous.

Good info Pat. I'll be back after 'em first of next week. Might have to try a night session from shore. I have a good supply of lighted bobbers in my arsenal. Have wondered if the light from a bobber...say 2 feet under a bobber, would spook a bigger cat? I know when I turn on a head lamp to net a fish from my boat it always provokes a sudden energy boost and the fish will try for another long run. Just wonderin'.

And... I was at the LB launch with one of my gsons and I had to point out that school of baby mudders that hangs out on the north side of the cement. I told him they hung out there cuz they had a daddy right close by to protect them. He gave me a "yeah, right" look as he walked over and dropped a small Panther Martin he had been using to catch baby wb into the school of baby mudders. The spinner never made it to the bottom before he had daddy mudder on his line. Enjoyed my "told you so" look before we released him back to his guard duties.

The rocky areas near the springs have been hit hard by many during the past month... both from shore and by boat. The fish have been hungry and aggressive and there have been times when we had four fish on at a time while fishing six poles. Most of the fish we caught around mid-June were beat up males. Last trip out we caught about 50-50 males and females. Early in June we, the boys, picked up a couple 28 inchers but nothing that big since then. We did lose two, one came unbuttoned, the other snapped frayed line, both were in the 30-50 pound range.

Gonna try a night session from shore over by Whore House Rock (where did that name come from?? -- maybe I don't really want to know?) and then a night session at the Island.

Still plenty of time to find that big 'un.

BLK
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach night shift - by Boatloadakids - 07-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Lincoln Beach night shift - by Boatloadakids - 07-04-2015, 07:11 PM