Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach night shift
[#0000FF]Don't know who originally gave that rock pile its r-rated name, but more than a few UL regulars are familiar with it. Must have somethin' to do with all the "frivolity" that goes on around there at spawning time.

For most cats the spawn is about over...but not all. A few of them delay spawning to avoid catastrophes, like having the lake level suddenly drop and leaving all the eggs high and dry. Just a natural instinct. Same as the way the females never drop all their eggs in the first nest...but visit several nests before they finish downloading. A good way to spread out the gene pool and hope at least one of the nests produces a good crop.

I like to use bobbers when it is important to keep the baited hook out of rocks or weeds...or just to suspend it a bit above the bottom. And I have used the lighted bobbers a couple of times. Caught some good fish while using them so they apparently don't spook fish. And I know other guys who use them all the time. But they never bring in any of those 30 - 50 pounders so maybe the lights do have a negative effect on the bigguns.

Funny story about your gson and the daddy mudder. Ya just cain't tell kids nuttin'.

My personal opinion is that anybody looking to score big in the cat contest during the heat of the summer is very optimistic...or they have been snorting the smelly jelly. While big cats do come in at night...and some big ones can be taken...it gets a lot better around Labor Day after the first cool nights start dropping the water temps again. That gets the fish stirring again and as water temps drop toward the 60 degree mark you can catch big fish all day long. Mama Nature tells them that it's gonna get colder and the grocery shelves are not going to be as full during the winter. And they hang out in deeper water too so in a low water year they are more concentrated in only a few areas.

If you are not familiar with the late fall patterns at Lincoln Beach we need to spend some time together...starting about late September. A good time for both cats and walleyes. By that time you will probably need to be fishing from your inflated craft...and we shouldn't have a fight off the power squadron much.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln Beach night shift - by Boatloadakids - 07-04-2015, 02:51 AM
Re: [Boatloadakids] Lincoln Beach night shift - by TubeDude - 07-04-2015, 08:42 PM