Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ut. Lake LMB quest
So, I have spent several trips now out on Ut. Lake in quest for LMB. None to be found yet. Low water continues to be the major problem. I launch at AF harbor and it has about 2 ft. in the harbor, but shallows to about 1.5 ft as you exit. You have to idle out quite a ways to get into 2.5 ft so you can get on plane. Not much happening inside the harbor at this time, lots of midges, no fish.

I have surveyed all the spots that I normally fish on the north end of the lake and I have a good view of them, from 50 yds away. Can't get any closer due to shallow water.

Not able to get into several places on the north end, again due to low water. I did go into Saratoga Springs Marina on plane, but they have channelized the whole thing. Looks beautiful for ??? but they have removed all the structure along the channel and in the harbor. They have put more docks in, no takers however. 2.5 - 3 ft in the entrance channel, 1.5 - 2ft in the harbor. Idled out to within 20-30 ft of the entrance, then got on plane to get out. you have only 1- 1.5 ft. when you get out of the harbor channel.

Checked out Jordan river, did not even try to get in. Same with the pumps and several other spots on the north.

Gorgeous day, light breeze, just a riffle on the water, no fish. On the way back to the harbor, I did some survey work out in the middle of the pond. Max depth found, 4.5 ft., some possible fish, but did not stop to check it out.

Next trip will survey from Lindon to the St. Park and west bank. Not very hopeful, but it must be done. Stay tuned for more exciting news !!!

PS: Boatloadakids, I may have to invade your end of the lake to find some water !! You are still finding 6 ft down south, most excellent !! Have you surveyed the Goshen Ocean yet, out where the Loy's net under the ice ??

Messages In This Thread
Ut. Lake LMB quest - by Therapist - 07-21-2015, 06:49 PM
Re: [Therapist] Ut. Lake LMB quest - by fsh4fun05 - 07-22-2015, 04:25 AM
Re: [Therapist] Ut. Lake LMB quest - by gstott - 07-22-2015, 01:44 PM