Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outcast Scout ( Ready For The Lakes )
[quote flygoddess]Check this one out. The floor is drop stitch like the Stand Up Paddle Boards, so it feels solid. Easy to stand on.
https://youtu.be/LG2_xagbGm4

Or on that SUP dropped stitch floor the Fuzion F1. Yes you can run a GAS motor in either direction and even stand up.
http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2014-pr...-2016.html[/quote]

Okay, one of of the things I didn't like about the X5 was the motor in the back and no floor. Landing a sturgeon in my opinion was impossible without going to the bank. If you have a 8 foot fish that weighs over 300 pounds how are you going to work over the side if there is no bottom on the boat? lets say it is just not going to happen. [:|]

Now that first one the contender. It appears that it has a ridged inflatable floor. You have the sturg on your line and it has rolled over on his back. You get down on your knees reach over the side grab the fish by the mouth. You got him and you can release him easy! again if the fish had sharp scoots I would be worried but in my opinion not an issue. [Smile]

The Issue I see that could be a problem is no fins in the water to control the fight. That would be different. It could lead to a fish jumping and actually landing on the boat. That said I like this little boat a LOT!!! [cool]

The Fusion I am not sure about. I have said before I like Daves motor mount on the X5 and the Skykomish because the torque of the motor is not put on the main frame. I cant see the mount real well on the Contender but it looks pretty good. The fusion I am worried about the strength with a gas motor. The SUPER, and I mean SUPER FRICKEN DUPER thing I do like about it is even if the frame completely failed I don't think it would take the seat section with it. I think it would be safe to try the gas motor but I am worried it would break off those small tubes.

I am not sure how the fusion frame is attached but the boat under it isn't going to give way because the frame on the mount did. I would be interested to hear if Dave thought the Fusion frame would hold a gas motor and what the max size would be. For that matter I would like to know the max size of motor for the contender. In fact what size he is using in the videos.

I think Dave has a hit with the Contender with the way I get to fishing holes. I don't like how low the oars are attached to the frame. In the video he hits his knees before they leave the water. I don't like that but the rest of that boat is awesome!! He should bring a couple up and we could test them on a sturg or two. [fishon]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [flygoddess] Outcast Scout ( Ready For The Lakes ) - by idahoron - 08-19-2015, 03:31 AM