Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Creek Comany ODC 420 with mods
Nice work on the mods.
I have 6 of the 420's and it is one of the easiest to up grade and personalize, because of the numerous ring tie downs.
Some additional possibilities on the seat, which may or may not be helpful to you:

-buy and install the optional inflatable seat bottom and back which allows almost infinite comfort and support adjustments- no sag, better support, keeps pontoon tips apart, and sit higher/lower in water as adjusted.

-install a one piece board above or under the present foam cushions to improve sinking effect at the split line of the 2 cushions. The board can be cut from plexiglass, thin semi- rigid foam, or semi rigid type mud flaps depending on how much support you want, and where you want it for comfort.

-add an additional foam bottom seat block into the bottom compartment to sit up higher in the water and greatly stiffen the bottom by eliminating split line effect, install I =
The additional foam seat back can be cut smaller to fit either the bottom or back for more cushioning and jammed into the compartments when it is the right size.

-Install a topper cushion on top of seat bottom- cut from an old 1"+ thick pool float and tied down with a rope around the old seat back. This also stops the wicking effect giving you a dryer ride when sitting above water and not using waders in Summer.

-A roll up slat type folding camp seat can also help stiffen the sag. The howda seat if it is still available is the one I have tried.

Hope this helps.

Pon

[quote fmrusmc]I have finally turned to the dark side. I got rid of my pontoon boat, and aluminum boat and bought a float tube. I took it out to a local pond and I am happy with it. I love how fast I can set it up and be out on the water and how light everything is.

Here is my craft with some mods I made. I borrowed the mods from the internet because I am not creative enough to think of these things myself. Now I just need to get it back on the water and see what adjustments are going to be made.

I do know I will be making some kind of frame for the foam seat. They seemed to sag after a little time on the water. And I cant figure out if I want to keep the fish finder battery in a pocket or leave it where it is.[/quote]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fmrusmc] My New Creek Comany ODC 420 with mods - by pontoonman - 10-04-2015, 08:18 PM