Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Creek Comany ODC 420 with mods
[quote jmach]I spin fish and bait fish for trout from my Scadden Renegade. I usually fish with 3 high quality and expensive St. Croix rods, and I don't want to lose them overboard. I don't like to tether rods, so I use an inexpensive, but effective commercial called the Blakemore Rod Floater. It's extremely light, and easy to put on the rod and take off. It will save my rods if my Renegade springs a leak and I can't make it back to shore.

P.S. I sure love the Renegade. It's light weight, quick to set up, comfortable, fast on the water with oars, and responds well to my fin kicks when I anchor and turn it in the wind.[/quote]

The BlakeMore might interfere on some rods where the line comes in too close to the rod, so that the reel line touches the float when casting, or working a fish. BM wouldn't stay put on my rod shaft, (rattling back and forth when casting), until I added a spacer to take up rod slack, and taped it down. Whichever way you do it, make sure you test to see there is enough buoyancy. You can tape some weight equivalent to the reel weight to the rod handle, if you don't want to let the reel workings get submerged in the test. Allow for some extra weight if you are a bait fisherman and use heavy lead sinkers.

PM
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [jmach] My New Creek Comany ODC 420 with mods - by pontoonman - 10-07-2015, 02:16 AM