Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I knew it couldn't last......
Back to Willard this morning. Only good thing about today, I met up with Uintaman on the prep line. He's the one that posted that BEAUTIFUL Brooke Trout. Man, I have NEVER seen one like that, what a fantastic looking fish. Thanks for posting that Uintaman.
I sure hope you did better down at the south end today than I did at the north end.

Two words will describe today, for me anyway WINDY, Skunked !

Wind was so bad white capping, but otherwise the weather was beautiful, I took a break in the marina and washed a few mussels in the channel. No luck there either, but at least I wasn't getting dang near capsized......[mad]. Wind calmed some and I went back out to several spots in the north area. I had 2 or 3 hard hit and runs, and let go within 20 feet of the boat. One (whatever it was) was pulling so hard I just KNEW I had a good hook set. But when he let go at about 2 feet from the boat, the line, weight, and HOOK came flying back directly at me. If not for the wind, I may very well have gotten a hook in my neck or face. But it zinged past my right ear. I think that fish did that on purpose...............[pirate].

Well, maybe better tomorrow. Trying again to get my son out on WB before it's too cold.

Again, Uintaman, was good meeting you today.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
I knew it couldn't last...... - by Tin-Can - 10-11-2015, 10:49 PM