Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late bite at Lincoln Beach 10-16-2015
Pisco-- I'm sure you didn't need a "tip" about cattin' but the tip I offered got me into the rod and reel give away... I think??

I do not let cats run with my bait while I am dragging baits. I use braided line and I can feel as soon as a cat comes calling. I usually feel nibbles and mini tugs or some times the bite is so hard it nearly rips the pole out of my hands. When I feel a customer calling I kick my Minn Kota in to neutral and go by what I feel on the other end. Most of the cats I catch are taken on the second hook. I believe they come up from behind and chomp down on the back end of the bait fish. Others are caught on the big hook up front. I believe they actually eat a full sized wb head first to avoid the dorsal spines as they gulp it down. That's when the first hook gets 'em.
Anyhow, that's what works for me.

My deer hunt was a smashing success... never fired a shot. The particular deer I have been after for the past three years was a no show. I might give him another chance next weekend. I'm beginning to feel my age a little bit more each year. My titanium knees are nice but they just don't get me around like the worn out ones did. Tough to get old but better than the alternative.

Weather permitting I'm cattin' tomorrow.

BLK
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Piscophilic] Late bite at Lincoln Beach 10-16-2015 - by Boatloadakids - 10-22-2015, 10:56 PM