Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salt Lake Urban Fisheries
The urban fisheries program has been a real success story for the DWR. They implemented it to recruit young anglers and give kids something else to do besides sit on the computer or play video games. It has grown into much more than that as the newspaper article mentions. It is a very expensive program because of how well they keep them stocked so everyone can catch some fish. The DWR continues to grow the program and the cities have come to realize it is a real benefit to have them.

The best story I have for urban fisheries is the time I got up early to go fishing and decided to drive by the Gigliotti Pond in Helper. It was just getting light as I drove by I noticed a couple of bicycles in the parking area. When I slowed down to look at the pond there were two young boys, still in there PJ's, fishing. That brought a Smile to my face. It is a good thing when kids can get to a place to fish without needing an adult to drive them.

I too have fished several of these urban ponds and it is always nice to try new flies or just work on your casting stroke without having to drive a long distance.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Salt Lake Urban Fisheries - by TubeDude - 10-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Salt Lake Urban Fisheries - by gofish435 - 10-23-2015, 04:17 PM