Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost mooned at Willard 10-28-15
[#0000FF]Met up with BFTer and tooner high n dry at the north marina at Willard this morning. Air temp a chilly 38 at launch. Water temp stayed between 55 and 56 all morning.

Mostly cloudy, with a purty sunrise behind the mountains. Light breezes most of the morning, with periods of flat calm. Lovely conditions...for the fishermen. For fishing...not so much.

Saw a lot more fish on sonar than on the ends of our lines. We speculated that the big bright moon hanging over the lake upon our arrival might have something to do with that. Hey, if it is acceptable as an excuse...go for it.

We both dragged bait on one rod (perch meat or carp meat) and pitched a wide range of plastics on our second rods. Very little action on lures. Did get a few Willard Bay cookies (kitties) on the bait. And I got one on a white "hangershot" jig.

The fish we saw on sonar not only had the middle fins upraised, but if you looked closely you could see little padlocks on their lips. Tough crowd.

Saw one boat go out and head west. Two kayakers. One was a yellow paddler. The other was the venerable RockyRaab. Both of them headed for the north dike area and never got a report back to see how either of them did.

Tough day, but at least the water temps are dropping into the zone where it might not be out of line to expect a few crappies or a walleye or two. Maybe a few of those big perch will show up too. I can hope, can't I.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Almost mooned at Willard 10-28-15 - by TubeDude - 10-28-2015, 08:10 PM