Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scadden's "Carbon Lites"
[quote jmach]I have a Renegade, use it a lot, and love it. So, I am a "Scadden basher". But, I went to a fishing show in Sacramento and saw his new extremely light float tube and kayaks. The material seemed so thin that the watercraft were almost translucent. No skid pads, no real nose cone on the tube. I think they would be extremely susceptible to punctures.

PM- If formulated correctly and with good seams CF it is many times stronger and abrasion resistant than steel threads. My fireline seems to wear much longer than others. So a balloon of a tube of the stuff would be fine for me. Scadden does not have anything to gain with something dangerous. Lightweight and strong pack tubes of this material can be adapted or designed to do anything that the heavy clunky battle tanks tubes can do and where they go, but the opposite is not true. The demand for this type should increase with the pattern of heavier, weaker, wealthier, safety conscious senior citizens. I resemble that cept for the wealth, so Scadden may be out due to price for me and others.....

That said, I'm never one to go buy the first model of anything and would want a very comfortable and adjustable integrated seat with storage behind.

PM

Messages In This Thread
Scadden's "Carbon Lites" - by jmach - 01-29-2016, 01:02 AM
Re: [jmach] Scadden's "Carbon Lites" - by tubeN2 - 01-31-2016, 02:16 AM
Re: [jmach] Scadden's "Carbon Lites" - by pontoonman - 01-31-2016, 03:30 AM