Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake Pike problem
[#0000FF]I also know of a bass boater who caught two on two casts last year. He said he had never caught one before and has not caught any others since. But that serves to reinforce that the fish are not scattered widely around the lake...but usually group up in very small hospitable areas.

The Saratoga Springs harbor...at Pelican Bay...has been one spot they have been showing up...in higher water. And the oft mentioned mouth of Hobble Creek. I have also heard of a few in the lower stretches of the Provo.

I fish Utah Lake a lot...with all kinds of baits and lures. I have hooked and lost a couple of pike over the years but have never landed one. And I know a lot of other "serious" UL fans who have never even seen a pike over many years of fishing it.

There is no denying their presence but there is also no reason for anybody who is not a terminal masochist to devote their entire focus to catching them.

To the guy who caught 4 pike on one trip I issue the challenge...DO IT AGAIN...even just once.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah lake Pike problem - by big_griggs - 02-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Re: [Fishrmn] Utah lake Pike problem - by wagdog - 02-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Re: [Fishrmn] Utah lake Pike problem - by TubeDude - 02-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Re: [MR.PIKE] Utah lake Pike problem - by Fishrmn - 02-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Re: [Fishrmn] Utah lake Pike problem - by MR.PIKE - 02-05-2016, 05:47 AM
Re: [big_griggs] Utah lake Pike problem - by LOAH - 02-05-2016, 11:01 PM