Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why?
I don't think I would ever use two different lines? You said you had 150yards of fluoro and then backed it with mono.... I just don't see this practice being worth any advantages it might bring. The downsides outweigh the good in my opinion and this case kind of proves it. It might work fine for fishing most species of fish, but very large fish like lake trout will test your attachment knot. Theoretically it shouldn't make a difference but it is another potential failure point you are adding to your system. There is a chance, however small it may be, that you do not tie as good a knot there or the knot loosens up over time...

Another thing, I think 8lb test is on the small side for fishing a lake with big lakers. I know some people might disagree with me but my philosophy is be prepared for the biggest fish I might run into, even if I am fishing line maybe a little bigger than would be optimal for 99% of the fish I'll catch... I like to be ready for the 1% and not have them take advantage of me. I think if you upped your line to 10lb or even 12lb at Big blue it will increase your odds.

Then again you can do everything right and be prepared and fish a few extra rods that are not "optimal" for big fish, and sure enough the big fish will slam your dinky rod. That is fishing... [Wink][Wink][Wink]

Just some thoughts...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by SkunkedAgain - 02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by Gemcityslayer - 02-06-2016, 08:56 PM