Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why?
[quote SkunkedAgain]Might have been a little catch, but I didn't notice it, and the knot was about 8' out of the pole when the line broke. And yes I am second guessing everything, ya know I don't think I was expecting a real fish to bite my line, I figured maybe 8-10 lbers, but I didn't expect that one of the big boys would be where I was fishing. I was after white fish mostly so I had my expectations low so I guess I was surprised and unprepared. Next time I'll bet I don't show up to a gun fight with a pea shooter. At least I hope I learn better. Later J[/quote]

When I read your story I instantly was taken back to a big fish I lost 3-4 years ago... felt like a submarine and just took drag for what seemed like an eternity... was using 20lb test line and even had the drag set pretty darn tight... anyhow after taking almost all my line the fish ran me into some trees and snagged me up....I still don't understand how a fish could pull like that.... maybe it was the lockness monster? haha... (was fishing a huge chunk of cutbait, I'm sure it was a channel cat in the 20lb range)

Like I said it is always easy to second guess yourself I was only offering my thoughts wasn't trying to attack your skill level... truth is, you can do absolutely everything right and sometimes the fish will still win... Get out there and get some revenge!!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by SkunkedAgain - 02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by Gemcityslayer - 02-07-2016, 05:27 AM