Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why?
Didn't mean the carp comparison as a slam, I think the carp are one of the best fighting fish there are, big, solid and pure power, but they don't typically go airborn, that's impressive... Do you see that very often? Kind of crazy that a big behemoth like that, that seems like a bottom dweller would be that active of a surface fighting fish... Keeps making me more interested in fishing for them... Just curious, do you have to have a special tag to fish for them, like the steelhead and salmon? If my memory is any good, they are catch and release only correct? What area do you typically do well fishing for them? Seems like I remember hearing they are in the snake up by Twin Falls and Burley aren't they? Now how far off am I in this statement, I had heard you fish for them sort of like catfish, big bait on the bottom...

An old family legend tells of using dead baby wiener pigs as bait and they used a cable wrapped around the wheel of an old Model T ford and put it in gear to winch in the fish... At one time I seen a picture of a wagon with the head of the sturgeon sticking out one end and the tail out the back of the wagon, it was a huge fish... Some of my relatives had a farm up in Burley and they would fish the snake while they were working the farm up that way... Maybe I need to get in touch with my heritage and go try them sometime... When is the best season to fish for them? Sorry for all the questions... J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by SkunkedAgain - 02-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake 2-5-16 Why? - by SkunkedAgain - 02-08-2016, 03:26 AM