Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POll: What wood do you use for smoking
I have had charcoal/wood, electric and now a GMG pellet smoker/grill. I will never use anything else and I did not know what I was missing. They have come a very long ways. I can smoke from 150-225 and maintain a +/- 2 degree varience. It goes up to 500* and makes the best Papa Murphy's pizza you will ever have. The next best thing is no soot, no ashes. There are two fans, one that blows out the ash from the firebox and one that stops heat from going in the pellet box. The types of pellets are almost never ending. I prefer alder for fish, cherry and Apple for pork and mix of hardwoods for beef.
The GMG has wifi so I can set up my cooking temperature, meat temperature and times and it is all done for me on my phone. I love it!!! I'll be doing a New York strip roast tomorrow with the Camp Chef competition blend pellets. They are my favorite so far
I use a hickory Mojo Brick for that extra smoke kick for beef and put it on top of the burn plate. It's all done by indirect heat and smoke. Man I'm hungry.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Northman] POll: What wood do you use for smoking - by fsh4fun05 - 04-09-2016, 01:10 AM