Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POll: What wood do you use for smoking
I had a pellet smoker follow me home from the store a few years back so I know what your talking about. Mine is the Camp Chef DXL, so no wifi. I agree they are about as easy as it gets to turn out some really good bbq. Your pellet smoker is a higher end smoker than mine. And most pellet smokers have a single fan induction blower not two. So you may be able to drop down below 200 deg and not produce any soot.

I look at my smoking/bbq like my fishing. Just like I need different rods and set ups for different species. I also need different smokers for different meats.

I also have a pimped out UDS smoker that I built that has a IQ induction air control on it that maintains the +-2 deg, and a Big Cheif electric. I have owned many others over the past 20+ years I have been doing this smoking/bbq thing. I think that a guy that knows what their doing can get good results out of most any smoker using most any hardwood.

But for smoking fish my go to is the Big Cheif. And for someone that is only going to smoke fish, you can't go wrong with a $100 smoker.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fsh4fun05] POll: What wood do you use for smoking - by Northman - 04-10-2016, 08:53 PM