Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR Willard Walleye Program
[#0000FF]Walleyes are like icebergs. Only a fraction of the total amount ever shows. If you do catch the occasional walleye you can bet there are a lot more that you never see.

A good example is good old Utah Lake. It is full of walleyes but few of them are caught on purpose. The main exception is when they come in to spawn in the early spring. And then there are probably more caught by snagging than legally. The rest of the year they have so much to eat, and eat so infrequently, and often at night, that the average angler is never able to put anything suitable in front of them at the right time and place. More walleyes die of natural causes than are ever caught by fishermen...at least in Utah Lake.

I suspect that Cutler and the Bear River might also harbor a good population of well-fed walleyes that don't need to rely on angler feedings. Sometimes just blind luck to drag something in front of them that gets them to respond. But I have never been too vain to admit I'm lucky...or too proud to accept walleye charity.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
DWR Willard Walleye Program - by TubeDude - 04-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Re: [gmwahl] DWR Willard Walleye Program - by TubeDude - 04-22-2016, 01:33 PM