Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have a question!
I just tie on to the jig with my mainline (3 lb mono), the website where they come from tells you to use a fluorocarbon leader. You need to tie it so that it remains upright, it was suggested in one article I read to use a drop of super glue to keep the knot from slipping on the eye, I tried it, but it is more work than necessary in my opinion, but if you pull it up and it is consistently slipped so that your jig does not hold horizontally I would put some on.

I fish mostly in small lakes and reservoirs I find what looks like structure, logs, trees, docks, etc. and I toss it out, let it sink, and then I sort of twitch it back to me letting it fall each time; that is when you get the most hits, during the fall.
As far as color it depends on visibility. I usually start fishing a little after daybreak so I use a chartreuse, white, or other high visibility color.

You need to understand that I am not a great fisherman, I never had anyone to teach me to fish, so most of what I know I have learned from magazines, Youtube, and I have learned a lot from this website. A lot of these guys are on the water often and they know what they are talking about.

Interesting thing about color to pick up on what TubeDude said. I read in a magazine a long time ago that virtually every piece of water in the US has crawdads in it, so the logic went to catching a crawdad and trying to match his color in whatever lure you use.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
i have a question! - by williambaxter4 - 05-14-2016, 04:58 AM
Re: [williambaxter4] i have a question! - by lskiles - 05-15-2016, 04:19 PM