Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting A Quadrick & Modified Quadrick Knot!
AFTER A MONTH OF FIELD TESTING THIS KNOT WORKS ON MONOFILAMENT, BRAID & FLUOROCARBON FISHING LINES.

I've hooked Barracuda, Trevally, Bigeyes, Sharks, Rays & a Amberjack. Whipping (Whip-Casting) & Surf/Bait Casting (Dunking) has produced hits day & night. So far the largest hit was a Blacktip Shark though i felt the smaller Eagle Ray put up a harder struggle. Nothing over 60lbs yet so i still need to see how the knot will hold-up to a large GT.

This knot can be used for hooks & swivels using all types of fishing line. The doubled or quadrupled line above the hook's eyes lessens the chance of a fishing biting through the leader line. The modified version is best for intended big game shoreline species such as GT's, Sharks & Rays.

I personally like the palomar but when the Barracudas are around i get less cut leaders using the Quadrick knot. Means i save money on hooks & lures as well as time re-rigging my leaders.

I wish everyone out there to be safe throughout the year. God BlessSmile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhgK0inqM6U
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Casting A Quadrick & Modified Quadrick Knot! - by ScubaChris - 10-19-2016, 02:12 AM