Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield survey results
[quote Fishrmn]

One of the biggest complaints from most Walleye enthusiasts is that Utah doesn't allow the use of live minnows. So when the UDWR succumbs to the idea of using Walleye to control Chubs, people will want to use live Chubs as bait...

What works is Rotenone. What the problem is, has been, and will continue to be is that some people cannot believe that you can grow big fish without having little fish (bait fish) for them to eat, and they are willing to plant Chubs to accomplish that.

[/quote]

It is obvious that chubs are going to reappear, either from those who think they have to fish with live minnows to catch trout or walleye or perhaps some chubs are missed in the upstream creeks that run into Scofield, when they rotenone everything, and make their way back into Scofield. I prefer a fishery that has multiple species. I find it more enjoyable to catch several different species on the same fishing trip.

If I were king for a day I would rotenone the reservoir, once again, ASAP (five years ago or even sooner would have been better) and replant with sterile rainbows and various other sterile species that will likely control the chubs as they reappear. I would also impose slot limits on the species that are to control the chubs. (BTW - I don't think this has been tried before. The cutts and tigers and slot limits were imposed after the chubs were already out of control.) The problem now is that the chubs are so thick that the cutts and tiger trout can't get them under control.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Scofield survey results - by AmyC - 11-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Re: [Fishrmn] Scofield survey results - by kentofnsl - 11-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Re: [AmyC] Scofield survey results - by dregs - 11-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Re: [AmyC] Scofield survey results - by gofish435 - 11-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Re: [AmyC] Scofield survey results - by 300win - 11-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Re: [300win] Scofield survey results - by Fishrmn - 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Re: [AmyC] Scofield survey results - by Charina - 11-21-2016, 06:14 PM