Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught 529 inches of perch today!
Yea, you guessed it, that was 101 perch. [Wink] A friend and I fished Big Sand Wash Reservoir in the Basin north of Duchesne. We got on the lake at the Sportsman's Access point on the north end of the reservoir. The ice was about 8 inches thick where we fished and there is still some open water visible down near the dam.

I ended up keeping 23 perch in the 7 to 9 inch range but it was about 6 or 7 perch for each keeper. We started using small jigs with either a mealworm or nightcrawler piece. Once we had a few small perch we switched to eyeballs or a strip of belly meat. We had to move around a little at first but we found the perch in 26 to 30 feet of water about 200 yards from the access. The ice surface is slick so you should have some cleats to avoid a spill.

The action was fairly steady all day and we were there from 0830 to 1430. I also caught one rainbow of about 16 inches but I targeted the perch most of the time. I'm sure this water will be a dandy perch destination in the years ahead as the perch get bigger.

Mike
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Caught 529 inches of perch today! - by TopH2O - 12-30-2016, 02:23 AM