Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher Batteries - Can anyone explain them?
Not sure if this belongs in the Off Topic ....

I have several flasher batteries and I want to know how good they are. I know they will charge to full, but I recall the end of last ice season there were a few times that the batteries would be very low or dead before I finished the day on the ice. In the past my experience has been that they last longer than a full day on the ice....usually have lasted two trips before needing a charge.

I purchased a multimeter but I have no clue or knowledge about Volts/Watts and what they all mean.

I have a few examples

On a fully charged battery lets say it will read 12.80. When I add juice to it and test it will go up a little higher....into the 13's.
When I turn on the flasher and test it will drop to 9.37.

On another fully charged battery it will read 12.80. Adding juice will push it up higher.
When I turn on the flasher it will remain at the 12.80 but about every 3-5 seconds it will loose one point....12.80, 12.79, 12.78, 12.77...etc.
I have not done the math to determine just how long that will last until there isn't enough power left in the battery to run the machine.
Should that number be dropping that fast?

Overall question - how can I tell which of my batteries are still in excellent condition and which ones I need to replace?

If it makes any difference I have them in a Vex 18, Vex 28, and Humminbird 55.
Thanks!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flasher Batteries - Can anyone explain them? - by rgreenland - 12-13-2019, 05:23 PM