Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remo’s 1st live bait outing.....
So, anyone who knows me knows that I mostly fly fish or fish artificial’s and that I recently moved to Florida, I got an invite today from one of my Sgt.’s who is also a charter captain and I am not passing up that opportunity. On the water at 0600 to cast net some bait, small greenback’s and larger grunts. Greenbacks for trout and grunts for snook.

Headed to the beach and to fish some jetties, started out catching a lot of nice trout but the snook bite hadn’t started yet. A buddy was the 1st one to hook a snook, got it to the boat and it was easily 40” after a long fight it got into the motor and broke off. Didn’t get to survive though as a large dolphin hunted it down and chomped its head off, carcass floated around for awhile until some sharks came and finished it off. Next up was the Capt. who landed a nice snook, I was next and had a great fight all the way to the boat, looked like 30” came unbuttoned though. We all had a few more bites but made a move around the other side of the jetty. My buddy stuck one and got it landed, as he was fighting his fish I get eaten, set the hook and broken off. Such is life I guess, I have a bit of a learning curve when it comes to live bait but it was a lot of fun.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Remo’s 1st live bait outing..... - by remo_5_0 - 04-24-2019, 04:21 PM