Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat cover and transom saver
Agree with all Kent shared.   Smile 

The extra tarp I used when I had to park boat outdoors in winter was long enough, and wide enough to completely wrap the boat from bow stand to over the motor, and around both sides and under the trailer frame. Used the grommet holes in tarp to "lace" with paracord pulling tarp tight around all edges. And because I had a PVC frame in the boat that created a "tent" rain would run right off. I also tilted the boat at about a 35 degree angle back and supported the trailer frame under the first crossmember with a 4x4 support I built that allowed me to provide a wider support than just the landing gear on the front of tow frame. That prevented possible damage during heavy winds or snow.  
Of course, now that I can store the boat inside, I don't cover it during winter. I do however still tilt it back with all the plugs and access lids open so it will dry out in the hull and bilge area. 

[Image: 054-tilt-support.jpg]  Tilt support  

The cover I got in 2016 from Brian's, when it is properly installed and tightened down, it stays put even when towing at highway speeds. My first cover used to "balloon" up going down the road, but never came off. This new cover stays pulled taut.  

I have had several jobs done by Brian's Canvas. Last year I had them make an add on to my Bimini sun top that would give shade to the front of boat (for the wife) during hot summer, and side curtains that would come down about 3/4 of the way from the sun  top to the gunwales to make shade when sun is other than directly overhead.  

[Image: 025-new-top-without-side-curtains.jpg]  new addition sun top (front 1/2)

[Image: 026.jpg]  sun top from underneath

[Image: 021-left-side-top-extension-up.jpg]  sun top with side curtains (zip on and off) 

[Image: 015-Right-side-Bimini-stowed.jpg] Both original Bimini and added section stow together 

They also custom made a winter cover for the AC unit at my house in Clinton, and several tote bags for camp chairs. 

IMO Brian's is the best quality at the fairest price for anything related to canvas products. They even replaced all the snaps on my battery cover, and repaired a rip in one of my old tote bags for free.  They are always busy, so if you decide to get your cover made there, call them first. They will set up a day for you to drop off boat. Take all your removable stuff out, cuz it sits outside their shop in the Freeport Center Industrial Park. They will pull it inside at night or if it rains if they have room.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Boat cover and transom saver - by catchinon - 04-23-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: Boat cover and transom saver - by Tin-Can - 04-23-2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Boat cover and transom saver - by catchinon - 04-24-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: Boat cover and transom saver - by kentofnsl - 04-24-2021, 02:38 PM
RE: Boat cover and transom saver - by Tin-Can - 04-24-2021, 03:25 PM