Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New law on baiting big game
Those are some great points. As I see it you are correct about baiting, unless someone does it close to the rest of the public's eye or don't get turned in, then they probably won't be caught. I believe the line is in the hunting ethics, if it's not something you're not comfortable with then it's wrong. I'm all for carbon arrows and expandable broadheads, shoot like bullets, but I wouldn't be comfortable past 50 yards with them, too many variables, like wind, a twig you didn't see, I respect game too much to go around wounding a bunch of animals that will eventually die. Same with long range rifles, I have a couple that will reach out and touch something as far as I can see them, only bought just for the occasion I can't get much closer and might want to shoot out to 500 yards, won't go further. My self I like to get as close as possible, but sometimes not possible, so I can stretch that distance a bit. All my gear gives me the confidence to cleanly take a animal at these distances. Radios as far as I know are illegal to use in several states. I think it all comes down to hunter ethics and how far you are willing to go to take an animal. The scariest thing I ever did was go to a hunter safety class in my 30's, scary to see the older people that were just starting to hunt, or bowhunt.

Messages In This Thread
New law on baiting big game - by wiperhunter2 - 07-08-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by RILEYFISH - 07-11-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by wiperhunter2 - 07-12-2021, 12:34 AM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by meancuznalfy - 07-12-2021, 02:39 AM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by wiperhunter2 - 07-12-2021, 03:25 AM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by meancuznalfy - 07-12-2021, 03:28 AM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by Bovineowner - 07-12-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: New law on baiting big game - by meancuznalfy - 07-12-2021, 11:09 PM