Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Reservoir 9/4 - Ice Tactics Pay Off!
On Saturday, I took my canoe down to Yuba and fished just off the Oasis ramp and to the west.  Initially no luck on the various swimbaits and other rigs I tried.  I had thrown in my ice flasher (Ice 35) and a couple of ice rods.  After switching to ice tactics (vertical jigging), I ended up catching 36 wipers (brought 6 home), 7 carp, and 1 catfish in just over 7 hours of fishing.  I used nightcrawlers with some success, but things really heated up for the wipers when I switched to mussels.

Water was 17-18 feet where I fished.  There were a few other fisherman out, and several members of the power squadron showed up, but it wasn't horrible for a holiday weekend.  Boats were still being launched on the east side of the ramp.  

Only my second time at Yuba (the other was a skunk ice trip about 10 years ago), and I had a blast!  There are still plenty of fish around right now.  I'm hoping there is enough water (and fish) left there for ice fishing this winter! 

[Image: IMG-5394.jpg]

jack of all tackle, master of none

Messages In This Thread
Yuba Reservoir 9/4 - Ice Tactics Pay Off! - by joatmon - 09-05-2021, 04:31 PM
RE: Yuba Reservoir 9/4 - Ice Tactics Pay Off! - by Fritzfishin - 09-07-2021, 05:05 PM