Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Catch on the Bear!
Hey Paul, can't say you didn't get some action on the river... Sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for...

Made it out myself and we found some cats, but I also lost the only big one that hit mine, except it hit, surfaced and spit it out before I could tighten up the line... It was a really big fish, but then again we didn't have anything over 25" to compare it to, so might have been 28 and looked big, but as wide as it's head was I expected something a little more impressive.... Anyway don't believe Greg when he says I made him lose his 30"er, it was 27" at best... oops netting error.... didn't get down underneath it's nose far enough...

We had a fun trip 21 cats between the three of us... once we found them anyway... Talked to some guys on the bank at Cache Junction and he said they had two 6 lbers... Not sure how long they would have been but probably 25-26"... Lot of guys fishing down there by the ramp... but sounded like they were catching a few... We put the new to me boat through it's first fishing shake down trip and I think I'm going to really like this boat... I still need to figure out how to keep it organized and replace the weather rotted coverings, but i really like the window, it kept us out of the wind and let us fish in the 15 mph winds.. without jackets... Motor ran well on that trip, so that's always a good thing... Big high sides definitely are better for windy days... Little splash when motoring back to the ramp, but nothing compared to the old trihull... Sorry didn't mean to high jack the post... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
Big Catch on the Bear! - by Jig-fisher - 04-01-2022, 09:39 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by Tin-Can - 04-01-2022, 10:56 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by TubeDude - 04-01-2022, 11:07 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by Jig-fisher - 04-02-2022, 03:03 AM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by JArner - 04-02-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by RockyRaab2 - 04-02-2022, 06:28 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by Gone Forever - 04-03-2022, 03:27 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by filletedalive - 04-02-2022, 09:20 PM
RE: Big Catch on the Bear! - by SkunkedAgain - 04-04-2022, 12:22 PM