Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fishing for pup lake trout at Flaming Gorge
Everyone seems to agree that the pup lake trout are eating way too many kokanee at Lake Trout, so I decided to try my luck at thinning out the population of lake trout pups. Only problem is that I haven't fished at Flaming Gorge since I was a teenager, and that was many decades ago.  I would really appreciate any guidance you more experienced folks can give me on how and where to catch the pups at the Gorge. I've seen recent episodes on pups at Flaming Gorge on both KSL Outdoors and Hooked on Utah, but I'd be happy to hear about your personal experience and recommendations.  I'll be going to the lower part of the reservoir near Dutch John.  Internet sites  talk about Mustang Ridge, Jarvies Canyon, Hideout, Linwood Bay, Antelope Flats, Stateliness, Anvil Draw, and Buckboard, but I'm not sure if these locations are good for trophy lake trout, or pups.  On the TV shows, the fishermen use big tube jigs and spoons and either troll (with or without popper) or jig vertically.  If you can fill in some of the details regarding gear, bait, and techniques, or at least tell about your recent experience at the Gorge, I'll be very grateful.

Messages In This Thread
Fishing for pup lake trout at Flaming Gorge - by SkinnyLynnie - 06-26-2023, 09:41 PM