Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Truck Maintenance
UPDATE-After a previous trip to Strawberry fishing 7-17, found that my truck was struggling to pull the trailer out of the water. It got worse when I trailered the boat. It would go in gear but required a lot of power just to get it to move and very slow. Once on level ground all worked as should. I was thinking maybe I might have a transmission issue with band adjustment. I put it in the shop to have analyzed, mechanic says all is working as it should, but he couldn't get it to repeat what it was doing as I explained. He did mention turbo boost was just a little low and not enough to affect what I took it in for. I had the new intercooler boots on hand which cost me an aftermarket price of $29ea and ready to install after I got vehicle back. The next day I removed the radiator and intercooler so I can replace those boots.

[Image: Radiator.jpg]
After removing the radiator, this is 200K 

miles of collected dirt, debris & bugs. At this point
it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the radiator
considering its age now. That's another day eventually

[Image: Degreaser.jpg]
Found this at Sam's Club and decided to

give it a try!

[Image: Intercooler.jpg]
These intercoolers get oily from the CCV or 

as we know as a PCV which is mounted on 
valve cover vented into intercooler turbo boost 
system. Found on YouTube how to clean out 
cooler by mixing 1/2gal degreaser into very hot
water (adjusted water heater to max setting 
for this) letting soak 15min. this was boiling
suds out from both ports. Dump out intercooler &
repeat 2 more times doing a final rinse.

After re-installing all items and test drive, started getting better turbo boost indicated but hard to judge the power. So my trip to the Berry on 8-9 would be the real test while towing. Still hard to judge the power as truck seemed to always run great before. Boost is the only thing indicated that was higher. Going to the launch ramp is where I had the issue. After launching & trailering boat I had no more issue coming out of the water.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF

Messages In This Thread
More Truck Maintenance - by Bduck - 06-27-2023, 02:03 PM
RE: More Truck Maintenance - by EyLayo - 06-28-2023, 03:05 AM
RE: More Truck Maintenance - by Bduck - 06-29-2023, 12:23 PM
RE: More Truck Maintenance - by Bduck - 08-10-2023, 02:38 PM