Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box tip-up?
I see negative comments on here but I have to ask the same question as fishplunger, did you even try it? You came up with all that after looking at a photo link? Wow!!

Here is what I know:
I recently bought one of these to try it out, at first it seemed to be a bit much for a tip-up but I have to say that after using it, ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY. It never backlashed on me once even with large pike. The hole stayed clear with one candle all day with the wind blowing and a wind chill of -3 or so. Being able to move the reel away when bring in a big pike was awesome, nothing got in the way of bringing her out of the hole (Didnt have to move the box, just lift the lid). Another thing that worked great was the ball for a flag, no matter were i was on the ice I could see the flag in the air. The ability to set the flag for a more sensitive settings for perch and walley was so easy a kid can do it and I can tell you I caught more fish on that one box than any of my spring release tip up. Simply put I was truly amazed at how well this thing worked. Money well spent!!! I will be ordering two more before the ice sets in next year.

In my opinion (from using it), this bite me box is great. Buy one and try it, you wont be disappointed!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Box tip-up? - by DrownedDesertRat - 08-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Re: [davetclown] Box tip-up? - by hvacmaintenance - 03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Re: [davetclown] Box tip-up? - by FishPlunger - 03-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Re: [davetclown] Box tip-up? - by usmc_ret - 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM