Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on shrimping
Well for starters hello to all. I've been an avid fisher my whole life, but just recently started "exploring" into saltwater. Having been raised that if you were'nt bass fishing...you were'nt fishing...I've been amazed at whatelse there is out there. My brother and I made a trip to Murrells Inlet a few months back (he was brought up the same as I) and since then we've been every weekend. I've always been interested in shrimping, having heard others talk about it, but untill recently its never been possible. I've read what I've been able to find online in regards to how to shrimp...but alot of the information is rather vague. I was hoping that someone may could shed a little light on the topic. I already have a "baiting" permit, and I can already throw a cast net. Outside of that I'm pretty much in a fog though. I've seen shrimp in the inlet, but I have NO idea of when or where to go. I'm not looking for anyones "secret" spot, but rather just a general idea of when/where I should go. Is Murrells Inlet a waste for shrimping? Would I be better off in Winyah bay or offshore? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Theres so much I'm interested in about saltwater....thought I'd start with this though. thanks
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tips on shrimping - by kissiah - 08-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Re: [kissiah] Tips on shrimping - by kingsinthaSC - 08-03-2006, 03:04 AM
Re: [kissiah] Tips on shrimping - by Tarpon4me - 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Re: [kissiah] Tips on shrimping - by Tarpon4me - 08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Tips on shrimping - by kissiah - 08-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Re: [kissiah] Tips on shrimping - by Tarpon4me - 08-13-2006, 02:01 AM