Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your superstition?
Customers have somehow over the years slipped banannas on my boat 3 times, that I know of anyway.

1. The first time, my new outboard (12 hours) actually caught fire about a mile from the dock. Voltage regulator got hot, melted, and produced heavy smoke and flames when I removed the cowling to check smoke source. (Why we carry fire extinguishers!)

2. In the middle of prime tarpon season, in perfect weather, we fish all morning with only one bite, with tarpon rolling happily everywhere. Two, count 'em two, rods AND spinning reels get broke by the only fish we hook, a small tarpon jumping into the boat and smashing into the center console, where the rods are stowed vertically. My livewell pump goes out mid-day on the way back to port. And, I run over a submerged crab pot marker 1/2 mile from port.

3. Customers arrive in the Keys for a 4-day fishing trip, and the first morning is starts out gorgeous, with good fishing until about 10 am, when some idiot needs a snack and pulls out the dreaded fruit. Within 30 minutes, the wind begins blowing 20-25, and continues non-stop for the rest of the week. They get 4 hours of fishing out of 4 days. The day they leave, it goes back to nice water.

Need I say more???

I'm not supersticious, but NO BANANNAS! I'm convinced on that one.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What's your superstition? - by Tarpon4me - 03-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] What's your superstition? - by CaptJoeVerdino - 03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Re: [solo_one87] What's your superstition? - by CaptJoeVerdino - 03-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] What's your superstition? - by Tarponjim - 03-19-2007, 01:56 PM