Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is the fishing
I have spent about thiryfive years of my life bass fishing.It took me a long time to get out of the bank pounding habit in the summer. Although Early morning fishing with top water plugs, in close proximity of the bank, can be killer. The bass are very catchable on deep water structure in the heat of summer.It just takes a lot of practice locating and catching these fish..I call these fish " lemon aide bass " because you need a good deep water hump, an ubrella or big staw hat, and a jug of cold lemon aide, and a little patiants.

And don't forget those deep water haunts early in the morning.Fish seem to get hungry just as the sun starts to rise, no matter where they are.Iv'e caught some good one's in 20+' water right at daybreak too.

So find your self a nice main lake point, preferbly with some weedbeds and/on wood, and fish it at first light.Then as the heat and the sun rises and the bite slows, back off to the nearest drop,hump,or piece of deep water stucture/cover , and fish it. Many times the action keeps on coming.

When it gets real hot outside, we all want a nice cool, quiet place to relax. Big bass are the same.A deep mainlake hump, away from the noisy boat traffic, is a good spot to slow work plastics and jigs for the big boys.

Try these this summer and see if your luck improoves.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
How is the fishing - by thegame - 08-06-2003, 05:22 PM