Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Rabbit Hunt to date.
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Went out rabbit hunting on Saturday and had the greatest hunt of my life.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]I took out my AR15 so that I would fire fewer rounds and hit the rabbits harder. Well I left early in the morning and drove the 80 miles from Brigham City to my “secret” honey hole for rabbits. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]This area has been great in years past for me and when I took my two boys (13 &9) just before thanksgiving we saw hundreds of rabbits and shot 19 between the three of us. Jordan my 13 year old shot 3 and my 9 year old shot his first rabbit all by himself. That day the rabbits were everywhere and the shooting was non-stop once we found them. We were all shooting .22s and ran out of bullets before heading home.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]With that previous trip under my belt I headed out alone to this spot with my trusty AR15 and a few hundred rounds. Well just like the trip before as soon as I found the rabbits they were everywhere. It did not take me long to burn through the 100 rounds of FMJ and then the 100 rounds of SP ammo I had with me. So I headed back to the truck with 31 confirmed kills for more ammo and to grab lunch. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]After a quick bite and reloading with 100 more FMJ and 100 + SP I headed back out to the killing fields. Then just as before it was on once I found the rabbits. It was so much fun and I was pilling up the rabbits. I ended up shooting 54 confirmed rabbit kills.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]You may ask why so low a number!! Well the FMJ would just blow through the rabbit with a fatal injury but not a dead right there kill. So I had to shoot the rabbit multiple times to stop them. However with the Soft Points the bullet would open up and take large parts of rabbits with it. I am reloading the spent cases with Hornady V-Max bullets and will go out again around New Years for hopefully an even greater body count hunt.[/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Best Rabbit Hunt to date. - by Jethro - 12-21-2015, 11:08 PM