Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard water level
I solved the mystery of why the State wants more water in the GSL:
At current levels, Antelope Island is not an island it currently is just a peninsula.
Well, Antelope Island holds the States most expensive Deer.
As a peninsula, the States Deer can now escape and not drive auction tags up to unbelievable amounts.
No water=no island=possibly escaping Deer=low auction amount.
Nobody pays $300,000 to shoot a forky….yet.
I solved it!
(01-28-2023, 12:40 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: And I did not state that there would "50 percent les" snow in the Cottonwoods.  There would be less no doubt, but I did not give that number.  Let's say it's only 5% as you state.  Utah's claim to fame is the light, dry fluffy stuff and that is directly tied to the lake.  With the lake gone or seriously reduced, there will also be a downgrading of the "Greatest snow on earth" and that will further negatively impact the resorts as just another piece in the of the negative ways an impaired GSL impacts Utah.

This is what you said quoted directly from your post: "No lake, no lake effect, drinking water snowfall decreased by half into the cottonwood canyons."
That was NOT me. You're quoting Gone Forever. There will be impacts - to what level, I don't know, but there are / will be.